The Cumberland County Courthouse was constructed in 1909, with major renovations and additions completed in 1954. In March of 1991, the County retained VITETTA to develop a long-range solution to the County’s courts facility needs which could be constructed within the financial resources of the County. VITETTA developed a phased Master Plan for development which addressed the County’s needs through the Year 2010 within current and projected resources. A key element of this Master Plan was the reuse of the existing building for non-criminal cases and the construction of a new Annex. The planning and design of the new Annex both provides a single, unified courts facility for the County and architecturally blends with the existing facility. This project involved five Courtroom Additions and renovations of the Historic Cumberland County Courthouse, and provided a total of 13 Courtrooms for the Civil, Criminal and Family Courts, along with associated office space.